Creating a Document Folder via the Documents table or tree.
- Log in to Cartella.
- Navigate to .
- Choose one of the following steps:
The Create Folder view displays.
- Navigate to the desired folder location. Click New Folder.
- Right-click the desired folder in the documents tree. Click Create New Folder.
- Enter a folder name in the Name field.
- Optional: Enter the folder description in the Description field. Use the HTML editor to add formatting, links, media, and view the HTML source code.
- Select a sharing permission in the Sharing drop-down
list. Choose one of the following:
Sharing Permission Description Inherited
Inherits the sharing level from its parent folio.
Allows anyone see the folder and its contents, including viewers who are not logged in to Cartella.
Logged In Displays the content only to logged-in users. Specific Groups and Users
Displays the content only to selected groups or individual members.NoteIf you select this sharing level, select the specific users and groups.
Displays the folder and its contents only to the creator.
Displays content only to user connections of the creator.
- Select or clear the Send Email Notifications Upon Save
checkbox. Select users and groups to receive email notifications.NoteThe checkbox toggles back to cleared after saving.
- Select or clear restrictions.
Restriction Description Read Only Prevents everyone except administrators from editing content.NoteUsers can view the Read-Only folder. Locked Prevents users from creating sub-items or comments.NoteUsers can view the locked folder. Auto Approve
Automatically approves all sub-items and lower-level items of the folder.
- Click Submit.NoteIf the creator has contributor permissions, the item requires approval from a moderator to display in the module. See Inbox and Role Management for details. The following message displays:
This item is pending approval by a moderator.If the creator has senior contributor permissions, the item automatically displays in the module without approval.Cartella creates the folder.