Checking DITA Publish Logs for Errors
Check the DITA log for errors. These errors may provide details about where the conflict resides and what the conflict entails.
- Navigate to , and execute the publish on the DITA collection. Apply the same publishing
settings that you used previously when you encountered the issue.See Publishing DITA Assets for details about DITA publishes.
- Navigate to .
- Watch the DITA-OT transformation log entries generate in
real-time by completing the following steps.
- Select Show Detailed Status in the Post
Processing area.The Current tab of the Post Processing Status Console dialog displays.
- Review the log entries as the system generates them. Errors display in red text within the log.
- Select the Logs tab after the transformation completes to download the log and associated temp folders.
- Select Show Detailed Status in the Post Processing area.
- If you did not follow the optional step above, then select the Show DITA
Logs button in the Recently Completed section of
Publishing Monitor to access the publish log for the most
recently executed DITA-OT publish.The Logs tab of the Post Processing Status Console dialog displays.
- Review the relevant publish entry, and note if the Has Errors
column indicates conflicts.ImportantThe Has Errors column only indicates conflicts when the DITA-OT transformation process encounters a fatal error that halts the entire process. If the Has Errors column indicates no conflicts, the log may still contain errors and warnings that did not halt the DITA-OT process.
- Select the Download Log icon associated with your DITA-OT
publish.The system downloads the .log file to your local machine.
- Open the downloaded log file in a text editor.
- Review the log data, and note entries that indicate errors or other
discrepancies.NoteIf your DITA Open Toolkit transformation has failed, check the log's command line arguments passed to the DITA-OT. Scroll to the arguments listed at the end of the log file. If the error involves an invalid argument, the log shows the argument of issue. In the example below, the format argument (--format=print-pdf) is invalid.
Error: [DOTA001F][FATAL] "print-pdf" is not a recognized transformation type. Supported transformation types are dita, eclipsehelp, html5, htmlhelp, markdown, markdown_gitbook, markdown_github, pdf, pdf2, xhtml.
After noting DITA log errors and other discrepancies, return to the appropriate troubleshooting topic to continue diagnosing your issue.
- To continue diagnosing the cause of DITA publish log errors, return to DITA Publish Log Entries Flag Errors.
- To continue diagnosing unexpected DITA publish output results, return to Unexpected DITA Publishing Output Results.
- To continue diagnosing DITA publish output generation failures, return to No Output After DITA-OT Publish.