You may find it convenient to create links within a page or to link to a specific location within another page. To create an anchor link, you first need to insert an anchor within the tag you want to target.
To insert an anchor:
- Navigate to Site > Site Tree.
- Navigate to the targeted page and ensure it has an XHTML Editor element.
- Check out the page.
- Select the desired text for the anchor insertion in the XHTML Editor field.
- Select the Anchor icon. The Anchor dialog displays.
- Enter a value (e.g., x43) in the Id field.
- Click Ok.
You can use the UI to target the anchor that you created with an anchor link.
To create a link to the anchor:
- Navigate to a page containing the XHTML editor. Ensure the page is checked out.
- Select the desired text for the starting point of the anchor link.
- Click the Insert/edit link button. The Insert/Edit Link dialog displays.
- Select Anchor in the Link To area.
- Choose one of the following steps:
- Enter the name of the ID attribute value, which you provided when you created the anchor, in the Anchor field. Be sure to precede the ID attribute value with a number sign (e.g., #any-id-you-like).
- Select the desired anchor ID in the Anchors drop-down list. The selected anchor ID populates the Anchor field, automatically with a preceding number sign.
Note: If the desired anchor ID does not display in the Anchors drop-down list, then ensure your anchor tag is configured, accurately.
- Optional: Enter information about where the link will send the user in the Title field.
- In the Target drop-down list, select Open in this window/frame to open the linked page in the current window or Open in new window/frame to open it in a new window.
- Optional: Select a class to classify your link in the Class drop-down list.
Note: This information is the value of the class attribute in the HTML source.
- Click Insert.