Prerequisites: CMS 10.3+ must be installed by a systems administrator. See CMS Statistics to check the site version.
In Ingeniux CMS 10.3+, administrators can save sets of permissions as roles. Roles serve as shortcuts to add frequently used permissions to multiple groups.
To save permissions as roles:
- Navigate to Administration > Users/Groups > Groups.
- Select the user group in the Groups list.
- Select permissions to add to the role in the Permissions area.
- Click the Save permission as a new role plus (+) icon next to the Apply permissions of predefined roles drop-down list. The Create New Role dialog displays.
- Enter a role name. Click Create. Ingeniux saves the selected permissions to the role.