Setting up Automated Tasks in Visual Studio
You'll find a sample Visual Studio solution containing standard operations that will help you develop your own automated tasks solution.
- After installing the Automated Tasks framework, navigate to
[path-to-cms-site-instance]\App_Data\xml\Custom\automated\Standard_Opertationsand open API_Extensions_Development_Harness.csproj, then open the project in Visual Studio.
- On the Solution Explorer, right-click API_Extensions_Development_Harness and select Manage NuGet Packages.
- Verify that all NuGet packages are up-to-date in Visual Studio.
- If there are out-of-date or missing packages, click Restore to download the necessary packages.
- When the updates are complete, close API_Extensions_Development_Harness.
- Right-click the top level of the project.
- Select Clean Solution then Rebuild Solution.
- Close Visual Studio.
- Recycle the CMS application pool in IIS. This loads the application into the CMS.