Updating Language Dictionaries
You can update the dictionary file, the affix file, or both for each locale.
- Navigate to .
- Click the Update Dictionary File button within the language
box that you wish to update. The Upload Dictionary File button
and Affix File button display.
- Dictionary File (*.dic): This is the main wordlist file (*.dic).
- Affix File (*.aff): An affix is a prefix or a suffix attached to a root
word to make other words. See the OpenOffice
affix.readme file for more information about affix files.
Important! The dictionary and affix files for each language/localization are maintained by LibreOffice and can be downloaded from GitHub.
- Click the appropriate upload button(s) corresponding to the locale that you wish to update. The upload dialog displays.
- Choose one of the following steps:
- Drag the dictionary file into the upload area.
- Click the upload area to Browse for the file.
- Click Upload.
- Repeat the upload steps for the affix file if necessary.
- Click OK.