Move Alias Structures via Cut/Paste
- Site content item and asset item authoring permissions.
- Alias management permissions.
- Navigate to .
- Right-click the top-level alias of the alias structure you want to move in the
Site Tree, and select Cut in the context
menu.NoteKeep the following in mind.
The CMS permanently groups aliases within the generated alias structure, which prevents moving individual aliases out of the structure. In other words, when you move the alias structure, the aliases move as a single object.
You can select more than one alias structure to cut by pressing the CTRL+Click or the CTRL+Shift+Click shortcut keys.
- Right-click the target site content item, and select Paste in
the context menu.The alias structure moves from the original location to the new one, becoming a child of the target site content item.TroubleshootingIf you experience difficulty moving alias structures, keep the following in mind.
- Alias structures reside under site content items (pages and components) and folders only. The CMS prevents alias structures from becoming direct children of the site root and other alias structures.
- The Site Tree can contain alias structure instances generated from the same DITA asset. However, the CMS prevents reused alias structures from residing in the same Site Tree location.