CMS 10.0–10.5 Creating Content Unit Views
- Administrators must complete the prerequisites to enable user access to the Design tab. See Page Builder Prerequisites for details.
- No view inside or outside of the CMS user interface is associated with the content unit.
Page Builder designers can create views in the Preview Content Unit dialog without developers and Visual Studio. Views associated with content units are separate from the content unit itself.
When saved, Ingeniux CMS stores built-in views inwith the following filepath:
See MVC Views as Managed Assets for details.
- Navigate to .
- In the Site Tree, select or create a page with the layout to edit.
- Check out the page.
- Click the Design tab.The Design Presentation pane opens to the right of the Design tab workspace.
- Click the Content Units accordion area in the Design
- Locate the content unit. Click the Preview Content Unit
icon.The Preview Content Unit dialog displays the content unit's XML code and Rough Preview tab. Rough Preview displays a server error.
- Click Create View. The Design tab displays
next to the Rough Preview tab.
- Choose one of the following steps.
- Apply changes to the view code in the Design tab.
- Import the DSS view view from the DSS project.
- Click Save View.The system checks out the view to you, and the Preview Content Unit dialog toolbar items display as active.NoteClick Undo Check-Out View to revert changes (i.e., checking out the view).
- Click Check-In View to check in the view with your changes to
publishing targets.The Check In Pages to be Published dialog displays.
- Select publishing targets and click OK.