Indexing Assets in CMS 10.1+
Binary files such as MS Word documents and PDFs are managed within the Assets Manager. For binary files to be indexed for search, administrators must set the root location of the containing folder where binary files are located.
Keep in mind that assets are configured for indexing within Ingeniux CMS but the actual indexing takes place on the published filesystem, so binary assets must be published before they can be indexed and then searched by users. To publish assets, see Publishing Assets.
Note: In Ingeniux CMS 10, you can rename a binary asset in the same way as pages and components; however, the asset file with its previous filename remains in the index until you run a full publish. A full publish triggers the clean-up process of published items, resulting in an update of indexed items in InSite Search.
To set the root location of document assets for indexing:
- Navigate to Administration > InSite Search Configuration > Assets tab.
- In the Root locations of document assets to be indexed area, click the Add Document Location button (+). The New Document Location box displays with the Document Folder and Publishing Targets fields.
- Click Pick and choose the root folder of those document assets that you want to include in search results.
- Click Select. The Asset Folder Tree dialog closes.
- Click Select Targets and choose one or multiple targets from the Select Target(s) dialog to apply your selection to a specific target. By default, your root location selection reflects in all publishing targets.
- Click Select. The Select Target(s) dialog closes.
- Click Save in the Actions box to commit your changes.