CMS 10.6 Making Changes to Fields via In-Context Editing
- Access ICE mode. See Accessing ICE Mode for details.
- Select the field to edit within the workspace.The field becomes selected (i.e., the header fill color changes to blue), and the toolbar displays in the field header.TipIf header toolbar icons don't initially display, then select the Show Actions vertical ellipses (...) icon to access the toolbar options.
- Optional: You can maximize space in the Edit tab by selecting Close Trays Palette on the rightmost side of the Edit tab toolbar to collapse the Trays pane.
- Edit fields based on their type.
The table below provides steps to edit each field type. Use the steps that correlate with the field type you want to edit.Additional InformationICE provides different editing functionality based on the field type. For example, if you edit a plain text field, ICE provides a text area where you can edit the content. If you edit an asset field, then ICE provides a dialog where you can choose an asset to add.
Field Steps Plain Text
Selecting the field displays the editable text area.
To edit plain text fields:
Make your text changes directly in the field, and select the Confirm checkmark (✔) icon in the header toolbar to enter your changes.
Selecting the field displays the editable text area and displays the XHTML editor toolbar.
See XHTML Editor for details about the editor features.
To edit XHTML editor fields:
- Choose one of the following steps.
- Make your text changes directly in the field, and use the XHTML toolbar
options as needed.
- Select the Maximize Edit Area icon in the header toolbar to expand the XHTML editor in a pop-up
dialog, and use the XHTML tools to make your text changes. TipSelect the Restore to original size (-) icon in the header toolbar to switch the editor from pop-up dialog to in-line.
- Make your text changes directly in the field, and use the XHTML toolbar options as needed.
- Select the Confirm checkmark (✔) icon in the header toolbar to enter your changes.
To edit asset fields:
- Select the Edit in field (pencil) icon in the header toolbar to display the Choose File dialog.
- Select an asset to display in the field, and click
See Choose Asset File Dialog for details about dialog features.
See CMS 10.6 ICE Content Trays for details.
See CMS 10.6 ICE List Elements for details.
"Other" refers to other editable field types (e.g., link, date) within ICE.
To edit other types of fields:
- Select the Edit in field (pencil) icon in the header toolbar to display the Edit this Field In-Context dialog.
- See Completing Page and Component Elementsfor details that correlate with the field type you want to edit.
- Select Apply Changes to confirm your edits to the field.
- Save changes when you finish by selecting Save in the
Edit tab toolbar.WarningAlways save after in-context editing changes. Otherwise, the system will not preserve your new changes.
- Optional: Check in your changes when you finish.