Upgrading CMS Site to Version 10.0-10.3
The instructions below help you to upgrade:
- from CMS 9.x to 10.0–10.3.
- from an earlier version of CMS 10 to 10.0–10.3.
To upgrade an existing site from Ingeniux CMS version 9.x or 10.x to version 10.0–10.3:
- Within your server's file system, navigate to Ingeniux CMS 10.0 > Ingeniux CMS Site Instance Wizard. The site wizard dialog displays.
- Click the Upgrade Existing tab.
- Select the version 9.x or 10.x CMS instance that you'd like to upgrade from the list.
- By default, the Raven Database will be backed up prior to the upgrade. While this backup is recommended, clear the Backup Raven Database checkbox if you don't want the Raven Database backed up.
Note: This upgrade process preserves custom modifications to the Web.config file for RavenWeb.
- Click Start. The Preview Site Binaries Update dialog displays.
- Click Yes if you want to rebuild DSS Preview. The upgrade process proceeds to the Welcome dialog of the wizard.
- Click Next. The Confirm Upgrade displays.
- If you're sure that you want to continue with the wizard, click Next.
Caution: From this point forward, the update process is not reversible.
- Click Finish to complete the upgrade.
Note: The original name of the CMS instance is retained after the upgrade to version 10+. You may want to factor this into your CMS naming scheme by not including version numbers.
Note: Refer to the CMS 10.0 - 10.3 Upgrade Checklist for recommended tests to run on an upgraded CMS site.