Ingeniux CMS 10.5–10.6 Upgrade Checklist
Before and after upgrading to Ingeniux CMS 10.5–10.6, there are several steps you can take to streamline upgrades and catch potential issues ahead of time.
When system administrators upgrade to a new version of the CMS, Ingeniux strongly recommends conducting a test upgrade via a copy of your CMS. Test upgrades can ease the transition to new CMS version. We recommend conducting a test upgrade on a separate server outside your live environment. This may include a cloned virtual environment of your existing CMS or a client computer running Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
You can use the following lists of recommended tests to run on an upgraded CMS site. These lists are not exhaustive, and the exact set of tests to run depends on your specific CMS implementation.
If you encounter issues that you cannot resolve, contact Ingeniux Support.
Confirm the following basic tests:
- You can log in to the CMS.
- You can create pages and components within the Site Tree.
- You can upload assets within the Assets Tree.
- You can check out and check in pages, components, and assets.
- You can mark and unmark pages and components for publish.
- You can save page, component, and asset changes.
- Ensure that the Preview tab properly renders pages.
- Ensure that no errors were thrown during the upgrade process. Review the upgrade report and log files for possible errors.
Advanced and Site-Specific Tests
Confirm the following for Assets:
- All assets migrated to the CMS.
- You can upload assets within the Assets Tree without issues.
- You can mark/ unmark assets for publish.
- You can view the Assets Tree and available assets in the Assets Manager.
- You can view assets in preview.
- You can add and link all asset types in XHTML editor (i.e., images, documents, and media).
- You can edit images and code assets.
- You can use version control for assets and revert assets.
- You can categorize assets (i.e., apply taxonomy).
- Verify asset security for user groups.
- Verify that users can access assets via toolbar search.
- You can view asset assignments in the Assignments pane.
- You can add, advance, or remove assets in workflow.
- You can apply and remove lingual maps for assets and asset folders.
For each workflow within the site, confirm the following:
- You can completely transition a page, component, or asset through the entire workflow.
- Ensure that the system properly sends all workflow notifications.
- Ensure that publishes execute within the appropriate steps.
- Ensure that check in and check out triggers occur on the appropriate workflow transitions.
- Ensure that mark and unmark for publish events occur on the appropriate workflow transitions.
- Verify that drop-down menus display users and transition states as expected when advancing content items.
In Publishing System, confirm the following:
- Verify that the system defines publishing targets.
- Ensure that no errors display in publishing logs for any publishing target after full and incremental publishes.
- Ensure that publish speeds are adequate.NoteIf performance is slow, consider ceasing scheduled publishes in favor of at-will or workflow publishing.
In Preview, confirm the following:
- Ensure In-context Editing (ICE) is enabled.
- Check ICE in the Preview tab.
- You can navigate to site links within the Preview tab.
- Verify that categorized pages display correctly.
- Ensure site navigations function correctly in Preview tab.
- Ensure that the Show All Pages checkbox works correctly (i.e., verify that pages, components, assets, and navigations work as expected.)
- Ensure that Preview is faster in CMS 10.5 than in previous versions. If not, contact Ingeniux Support.
XHTML Editor Tests
In the XHTML editor, confirm the following:
Translation and Localization Tests
In WorldView, confirm the following (if applicable):
Custom Hook Tests
In Custom hooks, confirm the following (if applicable):
- Review custom hook usage and ensure that any actions coded into Custom Hooks are working properly.
In-Context Editing Tests
In In-context Editing (ICE), confirm the following:
- You can update and save all ICE editable fields.
Custom Application Tests
- Ensure that any items enabled in the Apps pane display properly.
- Ensure that all custom tabs display properly to the correct users.
Automated Task Tests
For automated tasks, confirm the following:
- Ensure that publishing has the appropriate automation settings. If automated publishing was activated due to performance issues, you can be disable it to return the CMS instance to manual publishing.
- Ensure that other automated tasks work as expected.
In Schema Designer, confirm the following:
- Verify that there are no invalid schemas or schema errors.
- Verify that schema syncing works properly by completing the follow tasks:
Installation Outcomes After Upgrade
- Verify that the Ingeniux CMS 10.5–10.6 instance application setup installed correctly via Internet Information Services (IIS) after upgrade. Confirm that IIS lists an application pool for each CMS site instance and DssPreview and lists a Web site for each CMS site instance.
- Verify that the Raven Database service installed correctly and runs as expected.